Sunday, April 24, 2011

6 Hr Super Series Enduro - 10th April

Location for this one was the Murrenbong Scout Camp, same location as the LunarC but a shortened course.
Was very lucky to have Dad over from NZ for this one so he came up along with Stace to Crew for me.
Got there nice and early time to set up the Tomac tent and then headed out for a roll with Boz.... this is going to be another mud fest!!!! Plan of attack... hmmm just keep riding..

So lining up at the start line somewhere in the middle, the gun goes off and we are off... well slowly it was a crowded first lap but it stops you from going out to hard at the start.. The track cut out a lot of the climbing that was in the LunarC, but due to the mud it was just as hard..

The track continued to deteriorate especially the first 2 kms of the lap from transition.. at some points you just had to get off and trudge through it. Although once you got through this a the water crossing it was nice fire road and singletrack. The climbs became harder as the race wore on as the mud was doing its damage. Saw plenty of mechanicals along the way... was crushing to be climbing a hill was Boz and see his rear derailer snap off.. :-(

"Just keep Riding" this usually runs through my head many times during a race but it was not coming through loud enough, I was having major dramas trying to get my drink down which was really impeding my ride.. on a couple of my pit stops I struggled to hold on to a cup due to extreme shakes..  Thanks soooo much to Dad, Boz, Stace, Richard & Mikey for tending to my bike and me... No way it could be done without you guys...

Heading out with about an hour to go I was sitting in 3rd but had no idea how 4th was behind so once I got through the muddy section (which had really started to dry and there was a dry line through most of it) I saw the lady who was behind me... thanks to the caffeine gel boz got into me in the last transition I found the energy to really push it.. No way I was giving up this place after this long.. Smashing everything I could and running the couple of climbs I couldn't get (due to lack of gears). I was really happy with this lap coming up to transition I was going to come in just in time to go out again... through the creek and the last climb to the start/finish line.. and the legs were spinning but nothing was happening.. rear hub had given up.. so I pushed my bike up the hill and over the line... and it was done... a lap in front of 4th so thankfully I didnt need to go out again..Knackered!!! but really enjoyed it.. Stoked with 3rd.

Again I want to Thank Dad, Stace, Richard, Mikey & Boz. It is definitely not possible without the help of your mates.

Now to get ready for the 24...
Allio out
 Boz about to Give me a helping hand up the hill

Mud pack for the legs...

My anti climactic finish

The Winners for solo women, me(3rd), Rach Edwards(1st), Emma Thomson(2nd)

No comments:

Post a Comment